Friday, October 17, 2008

Know your speaker...

Teaching Jesus and His teachings sounded like an awesome break out session. But now I am kind of wanting to leave. Not only is the speaker incredibly boring in only 5 minutes time, but he took a huge swing at Rob Bell right before starting. He didn't use his name, but he said he was fed up with the teachers who keep using rabbinical texts as if they are new and profound. He then went on a rant about how the rabbis who are quoted most often came hundreds of years after Jesus. It is just frustrating to see a guy take a blow at another guy (or guys) who are opening people to new things...I think I am gonna wait 5 more minutes and see if there is anything to get out of this session, if not, I am leaving and reading the book I brought.

No comments: